Sunday, June 28, 2009

Journal Jar Time

Since I havent done one in a while, I think its time. Im sitting at the pc, reading about Michael Jackson, boys are playing the wii, and hubby is still sleeping. I can get in a lil me time, before I have to start breakfast. Later we are going to the Wild Animal Park (great idea on those free passes) the boys love it there. Its not my favorite thing but its doing something and getting out of the house.



So as I was sitting at my desk, I looked up and saw on my shelf my journal jar, figuring I hadnt done one in a while I pulled it down, closed my eyes and pulled out a new questions.



What was the worst thing that ever happened to you?



Hmm, I havent had a horrible life in fact a pretty great one. I cant complain. Well I could but its all lil things really. I guess the only thing coming to mind is that my dad passed away. That what I remember is giving him cpr and the paramedics coming and telling us he was gone. I wasnt ready for him to die. I wasnt prepared, but I guess no one really is.



We had just found out a week before that he had cancer, we thought he would begin treatment and had hopes that he would beat it and there he was laying on the floor lifeless. Im crying thinking about it now.




I didnt get the chance to tell him one last time I loved him. The night before I went over after work and he was sleeping, he hadnt had a good nights sleep in a while and since it was only 6pm I let him sleep. My mom said go ahead and go in there, and I said no Ill let him sleep. I wish I could go back and just look at him, tell him I love him, and give him a hug and a kiss.



Love you dad, miss ya

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind at all that you looked around on my blog. I am sorry about your dad and how quickly it happened. My dad passed away last year right before father's day. We knew it was coming so we were somewhat prepared if you can call it that. I see your hubby is a longhorn fan?? That's so funny because I grew up in Austin, TX but I am actually an Aggie. So how long have you been married to the Marines?? It's nice to find fellow military spouses.

    ReplyDelete